Symphony for iPhone
The official overview of some of the basic music composition features in our latest app for iPhone.
• Use the Pencil tool to add notes via a virtual keyboard or tapping directly on the score
• Use the Select or Eraser tool to easily & intuitively edit your existing composition
• Intuitive UI optimized for iPhone 5, 6, and 6 Plus.
• Fully featured standard notation with up to 48 staves and 4 voices per staff
• 100 instrument samples to play back your score
• Use the Mixer to edit the volume, attack, release, pan, reverb, and more playback characteristics to create a nuanced and elegant performance.
• Export your score to AAC, MIDI, MusicXML, or PDF
Learn more by visiting http://symphonypro.net/iPhone
- Arrangement/Composition by Dr. Daniel Wyman (Gnorble Music)
- Note: Audio performance from Logic Pro with original MIDI file created in Symphony.
To add notes, select the Pencil mode icon, then tap anywhere inside a measure to begin editing right away. You can quickly specify note properties before or after placing notes. By switching to Select mode with one touch, you can also transpose, erase, cut, and paste multiple notes anywhere in the score.
When you’re finished, print out your score with AirPrint, or export it as a PDF, MusicXML, AAC, MIDI, or Symphony file. Share files via email or directly to another computer or iPad via Dropbox.
In 4.0, Symphony supports a wider range of notational elements for your composition. The provides a wide selection of dynamics & articulations, time & key signature changes, clef changes, pedals, and repeat conventions. Edit chord symbols, lyrics, and annotations using the iPhone’s standard keyboard.
When you're done composing, print out your score, or export your project as an AAC, PDF, MusicXML, MIDI or Symphony project file. Share your song with a friend via email or SoundCloud, or send it directly to your computer with iTunes File Sharing.
More Complete Features:
• 114 built-in instruments for playback, and auditioning the notes you entered
• Chord symbol, lyric, and annotation tools
• Create scores in standard music notation or tablature
• Edit with an on-screen instrument, QWERTY keyboard, or a MIDI input device
• Dozens of shortcuts & gestures to edit & navigate. Or, use an attached QWERTY keyboard
• Reduce your score size, range, or combination of parts for viewing & editing
• Print the score from your iPad with AirPrint
• Up to 15 instruments, 45 staves, 4 voices/layers per score
• Record a part in real-time with clicks at the beat with optional emphasis
• Backup & sync your scores with iCloud
• Import MusicXML, MIDI, MXL, or Symphony files
• Export as a PDF, MusicXML, MIDI, AAC, or Symphony file
• Large selection of articulations & dynamics in the Expressions menu
• Multi-measure rests for parts
• Grace notes
• Edit multiple notes and rests by selection, toggle, and note groupings.
• Copy/Paste function can select multiple measures & staves, and cut single or multiple voices/layers
• Unlimited undo and redo
• Customizable stem directions & note beaming
• Transposing instruments & concert pitch options
• Change tempo or clef at any point in the score
• Stream audio or share your screen wirelessly with AirPlay
• Advanced document management support
• Create your own custom project template or use a built-in one
• Customizable part groupings for SATB and instrument families
• Customizable chord symbol, lyric, and annotation font
• Loop playback between a range of measures
• More information at symphonypro.net/iphone
• Discuss the app at forums.symphonypro.net
• Visit us on Facebook at facebook.com/symphonyapp
- Playback and interface improvements
Symphony 4.0 brings many of the new features & improvements we’ve introduced in our version 4 update for iPad, including:
- Note Adjust Menu to quickly edit note properties. Just tap once on a selected note to activate the menu in either editing mode.
- Left & right arrows now appear above the toolbar whenever a note is highlighted, allowing you to edit/transpose adjacent notes
- Chord symbol & lyric tools optimized for iPhone
- Updated for iOS 9
- Updated menus and toolbars to improve workflow
- Improvements to MusicXML/MIDI import & export, as well as .m4a (AAC) export
- Improved instrument playback samples for strings and woodwinds
Symphony for iPhone